Saturday, December 23, 2006

When The Extremists Ban Christmas The Trains Might Run

When The Extremists Ban Christmas…..The Trains Might Run

I love Christmas but I hate the stress. For the THIRD year in a row, this year, as in the previous two I will be alone. Seeing no one. Not a soul. It’s my choice. Of course it is. I mean my family are less than 35miles away. Just up the road…….oh but I don’t have a car. If I did, I’d be able to pop up on the day. Or stay one night. Come home to this godforsaken shit hole when I choose.
But without my own transport-I have to rely on public transport. In Europe, people routinely jump on trains to visit family on Christmas Day. There’s a proper service. Despite being in a town with a “good rail link” as are my family………visiting them for Christmas would mean a MINIMUM FOUR NIGHTS AWAY this year. It used to be TWO then someone would bring me back. This now makes it impossible for me. Oh I forgot it’s my choice.
I had to get up longer than normal, against what my body clock needed on Wednesday to do some shopping. Then Thursday I had to go to the laundrette at 7am….so I could rest afterwards. Friday, I had to struggle to the local supermarket at 8am to buy food…..couldn’t do it before as it wouldn’t last until Wednesday…didn’t want to do it Sat or Sun .It’s stressful even when the place is empty (walking to the nearest Tesco Superstore a few weeks ago took 2 1/2hours door to door even though I splashed out £1.50 on a bus for the last mile of the return trek. I can only carry one sports bag full, so the bus is proportionately ridiculously expensive when you have £80 /week before water/food/electricity/tv /and anything else you need.)
Despite resting as much as possible, the last few days of ‘having’ to get to places at set times has been too much. On my return from shopping Friday morning, I just kept bursting into tears. So how the hell could I be away FOUR NIGHTS getting stressed about whether I still have a front door or if the building has been set alight again? Not being able to rest as & when I need to. It just isn’t an option.
My Police force is worse than useless, only coming around after the event. So I have no confidence in their deterrent presence. Too busy on ‘refs’ and only FOUR CARS for a large town. At least being at home, I’m effectively ‘on site’ if anyone tries to burgle me -------of course if I attempt to defend myself and get stabbed to death,(as I will as dialing 999 these days will be pointless) my assailant will, if ever caught only serve a couple of years. As a law abiding citizen my life is only worth that, whereas the killer of a cop on duty gets 35years.
Hmmm……..well what a surprise. Whitewashed inquiries, corrupt Government shipping army loads of Eastern Europeans to presumably ‘prop up’ this Police State while ordinary citizens are worth nothing.
Every week, this Blair Government briefs against various groups in society-Muslims, Christians, people who dare to celebrate Christmas, drinkers, the sick, disabled, the young, the old, the fat, the thin,…did I forget anyone ? oh how about the voters , the non-voters, vilifying us all…….fragmenting what is left of our society. God help you if we ever unite !
But at least when you’ve turned this place into a substate of Russia, & banned Christmas, we may be able to visit our families.

If/when there’s Civil War in England…….I’m a Royalist…….it is the only thing we have left of value that gives us as a nation a sense of stability.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home