Saturday, December 23, 2006

NHS Electronic Medical Records Will Cause Substantial Mental Distress

NHS Electronic Medical Records Opt Out

“ ONLY PEOPLE WHO CAN PROVE THE SYSTEM WILL CAUSE THEM SUBSTANTIAL MENTAL DISTRESS WILL BE EXEMPT”

I wonder if the fact that I cannot mentally cope with the prospect of fighting with the NHS with out the risk of being reduced to a suicidal wreck, counts ? I barely have enough energy to cope with the stress of shopping in a supermarket- I avoid using the phone because of the intense distress, so called company customer services desks have caused me.
Dealing with the NHS has already caused me substantial mental distress….being disbelieved, being treated as (and I quote a former GP who became head of the PCT) “an unmotivated psychiatric case”.
The prospect of that GP or any other, having ANY ability to affect my record is intensely disturbing. In some areas of UK, they lock up people with ME/CFS. That bastard threatened me.
Meanwhile the Welfare Reform push has lead to DWP staff according to a BBC report, themselves altering Doctors’ reports to force people through months of appeals. The thought of something either being on or not being on my record affecting my access to benefits I’m entitled to, or being somehow categorised/vilified in other ways by this and subsequent Governments, is terrifying.
I don’t have anything spare to cope with this shit. This process of having to prove distress, is in itself, discriminatory against the very people who should have the exemption.

Be advised, NHS – I have already contacted my solicitor about helping me with this. I would urge others to do the same.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

see www.thebigoptout.org

12:26 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is really a distressing and worrisome situation you have mentioned. The gp revalidation process may put an end to such cases to some extent, at least.

11:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home