Thursday, June 14, 2007

Why I love the 2012 "swastika" Olympic logo....

Why I love the 2012 Olympic “swastika” logo !

What brilliant subversion. It wasn’t lost on me and I should imagine in a few decades some art degree or other will be citing it as ‘political subversion’.

The second I saw the static logo, oh my god it’s a swastika, was my reaction. A wry smile emerged. Horrified but well, I’m English and appreciate irony. I’m quite well aware the original meaning is as a symbol of wellbeing…..before , well, you know who hijacked it. Much like the Labour party has stolen the red rose that used to be a symbol of love. Now, in that context it mostly inflames hate.

So why do I love the 2012 logo ?…………….I live in a country where uncontrolled immigration of Eastern Europeans has personally made my life hell, and continues to do so on a daily basis with my housing issues. The bitch upstairs, can say “fuck off” when I shout up that there is water pouring through my collapsed ceiling and down the LIVE ELECTRIC CABLE THAT SUPPLIES HER SHOWER……..but can’t say “sorry” or anything civil. (incidentally I shout up as it has been several years now of this torture and abuse- my first approach was a clear note & diagram…for someone to translate-that met with a very late night threatening visit from her followed by a being surrounded by five screaming Russians as I tried to talk to the landlord(who does fuck-all). Since seeing the violent attacks on gay people in Russia recently, I have to wonder…

Her friends park with impunity on the zigzags for over 24hours…play music so loud that I cannot hear my tv at the foot of my bed. Piss in the communal areas. Smoke & drink on the stairs and generally behave in a threatening manner. Her and her countrymen have done nothing to give a good account of ‘Russians’.

My own freedom is being eroded day by day by the weird Communisation of Britain with a hint of Fascism- stasi bin men, council spies-to whom , if you complain about anything you are likely to find yourself homeless as they fail to protect you from the very slum landlords they are supposed to police. Very corrupt. Four million cctv cameras, one for every 14 people. Yet try and report something to the police & the civilian staff just treat you with aggression. Ridiculously I may even have to get a cctv camera for myself to spy on the sita bin men….well if you can’t beat them, turn on them !

Day after day the Government, set one section of society against another, only since their Welfare Reform media frenzy attacks against long-term sick & disabled people have I been so desperately worried I’ve contacted the Samaritans.

I’m a big Olympic fan, in fact I insisted on being in London for the announcement.


Britain a true Olympian…………….
Faster to invade foreign countries- Longer detention for “guilty until proven innocent” prisoners, - Higher utility bills and cost of living for the poorest than ever before-

So, as soon as I can lay my hands on a few logo badges I shall wear them with pride- as they really capture how persecuted I am feeling in my own country.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home